The best way for students to connect their academic experience with the professional arena is through internships. An internship allows students to gain valuable exposure in the workplace, develop marketable skills, and gain a competitive edge in the job market.
Internships can provide students with the ability to:
• Test drive a career and determined if it is right for them
• Develop a professional network
• Gain confidence in the workplace and accumulate evidence of your abilities
• Acquire the soft-skills valued by employers
• Examine and explore ideas and expectations of a chosen career field
So why not give yourself a competitive edge with a connected learning opportunity that could possibly help land you a full-time job.
Donnell Turner, GCDF